Thursday, May 16, 2013

May, the month of Our Mother

Thank you to Catholic Icing for this FABULOUS idea. While my family does not have a specific devotion to Mary, our Mother ( other than the expected from a good Catholic Family :)), I love May for this reason. An entire month to celebrate Our Blessed Mother. We went, last week, to a great Family Rosary and May Crowning, which we lovely, and a new experience for my kids. 
Since my kids love to be artisitc, I am always looking for ways to play it up. They dont seem to get bored of just paper and crayons ( THANK GOODNESS), I know I do. So when I found this exciting Miraculous Medal idea, I was sold. WHO KNEW YOU COULD COLOR ON ALUMINUM FOIL? It never occured to me. Bella had the best time. 

Template

I did do the tracing onto the foil for her!

Practicing her cutting!
 While Bella and I were doing this project, we had a bit of company keeping a close eye. Blaise had a blast sitting in the high chair, and watching us. As he gets closer to crawling, he does not enjoy not being able to see whats going on or being excluded. which means he doesnt like to be in the family room while we are in the kitchen ( note: these rooms are right next to each other, not separated by anything!!)




Finished Product!
These now hang in the window in the kitchen. I am hoping to have Max make on this weekend so that I can have his hanging up as well. My ONLY complaint, if you can even call it that, is that this has to be colored with permanent marker. As we know, Gloria seems to like those these days! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment